Saturday, February 18, 2012

Love Notes

Way back when we were dating (some 14 years ago) my husband and I started writing letters to each other at Christmas.  I kept them all and like to look back every so often to see what the special memories are (often something very simple). Now this is the one time a year I as hubby to get in touch with his feelings, but he doesn't complain.  Some of the letters are longer than others but it is really the thought we both appreciate.

We also write annual birthday letters to our daughter.  These started two weeks before she arrived and are really meant as a journal for when she is older.  I share the special memories for the year, key milestones like first haircut and hopes/dreams for the future.  The future stuff is pretty general because I don't want her reading these in 20 years and feeling she's disappointed us by not living up to our dreams for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment