Wednesday, October 10, 2012

#50BookPledge Catchup

Books 45 and 46 were both from the Harlequin Desire series. The first was Tangled Affair and the second Relentless Pursuit. These were definitely more smut then story line and definitely worthy of the title of brain candy. I’m about to give up on CHARLOTTE STREET but am giving it a couple more chapters. I told myself that just because I have book doesn’t mean I have to read it doesn’t catch my attention so I’ll update on that soon.

Try as I might CHARLOTTE STREET by Danny Wallace was not a book I could get into. The premise of the story was just too unbelievable for me and I could not relate to the characters.
  
I finished Philippa Gregory's THE KINGMAKER'S DAUGHTER from Simon and Schuster this afternoon and must say I was enraptured with it. This was book #48 of my 2012 50 book pledge. The Kingmaker's Daughter is a perfect mix of the actual history of the War of the Roses in England as well as the fictitious story. I found myself often looking up facts about Anne Neville - later Queen Anne and Richard III regularly.  Even though I was listening to the unabridged audio book I found I "couldn't put it down" and was forever looking for opportunities to listen to more. Congratulations to Ms Gregory for such a detailed novel. She seems to be able to tie up lose ends a lot better then the actual history did.

No comments:

Post a Comment