Monday, November 5, 2012

50BookPledge Book 50 Cyndi Lauper A Memoir

I did it! Back in January I signed up for the #50BookPledge as promoted by @SavvyReader.  I thought at the time I was going to zoom through the books and be more then done by mid year. The next thing I knew it was summer and  things slowed down a fair bit the vacations and entertaining my daughter. As September started I thought I was going to be hard pressed to keep going and meet the goal set 9 months earlier, especially since I had shifted my focus from reading to working on my family history and searching for work. However, I'm very pleased to say that I reached my goal of 50 books read in 2012, but I doubt I'll sign up for next year.  If reading children's books count, then I've probably read a couple hundred more.

Book 50 Cyndi Lauper A Memoir by Cyndi Lauper with Jancee Dunn from Simon and Schuster 2012.
Loved this book to pieces.  Found that it flowed very well and I was able to relate to the story.  There are several references to Cyndi playing a dulcimer which I find absolutely fantastic as my daughter is learning to play one now. Some of the references to other artists were very intriguing especially when Canadians are mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment