Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back To School 2012

So today was the first day of school for Miss R this year.  She is in Full Day Kindergarten Year Two meaning she needs a lunch and two snacks.  I've been dreading the menu portion of her day for a while and working on ideas to make sure she is well fed.  I don't know why I was worried about it because I've already done this for full day summer camps and if perfectly honest when she's home with me all day. 

Miss R is taking an active role in selecting her lunch bag contents and so far that has served me well.  Today she took applesauce, carrots and tomatoes, milk, water, and cheesy pasta as well as the standard napkin, ice pack and her folding spoon.  Doesn't sound like much, but she really didn't touch her water and decided not to eat the carrots.  Miss R can be a finicky eater, but when push comes to shove if she's hungry she'll eat what she's given.

We'll see what tomorrow brings since she's asked for applesauce, cheesy pasta, milk (packed differently as the tetra's are very hard to drink from), water and raspberries.  I'm waiting for the milk program to start because that will mean one less thing I need to put in her cooler.  On the other hand I'm not super thrilled with hot lunch.  The hot lunch choice is pizza every Wednesday, but we've opted for pizza once a month.

I just need to remember if she's hungry she'll eat and if she's involved she's more apt to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment