Sunday, January 29, 2012

#50BookPledge Book 7 The Kings Speech

The King's Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi from Penguin Books 2010 was my 7th read in the 2012 #50BookPledge.  I picked the King's Speech as my next read by accident.  I have wanted to read it for a while, but had not gotten around to it.  Since I was caught up on my book club reads and had no physical books on hand I opted to download it from my local library.

I took me three days to read The King's Speech as it was a well written book with an even pace to it.  Although technically a biography about Lionel Logue, the speech therapist of George VI, it contained a great deal about the Royals and the history of the time.  I learned a great deal while reading The King's Speech that I didn't know. 

Overall The King's Speech was the perfect read for my weekend and I am looking forward to seeing the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment