Wednesday, April 11, 2012

#50BookPledge Book #26 Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig from Renaissance Audio 1999.

Not necessarily my cup of tea but an interesting book overall.  It didn't take me long to realize that the motorcycle maintenance was a metaphor used throughout the book to help weave the themes together.  The content wasn't something I really paid much attention to but was very interested in the story of a father and son traveling across the country on a motorcycle.  I was particularly interested in chapters 32 and 33 as they tied the story and life after together.  The author has given us insight into his life that he didn't need to share and really shows how life goes on even after a child passes.  My rating is a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment