Friday, April 27, 2012

#50BookPledge Book 28 Honey, I Wrecked the Kids

Honey, I Wrecked the Kids: When Yelling, Screaming, Threats, Bribes, Time-Outs, Sticker Charts and Removing Privileges All Don't Work by Alyson Schafer from Wiley Canada  

I'm always looking for new/additional methods for nurturing my daughter and make sure we aren't getting into never ending battles.  This book was an eye-opening read as Alyson seemed to have insight into what is happening in my family/my head. One of the challenges Alyson presents is to go a week without saying no to your child.  This is something I'm tackling and must admit not doing well with, but I plan to stick with it because when I get it right it makes life much easier.  What I like in particular about Alyson's writing is that she is writing from experience since she is a parent and lived the style of parenting she's promoting for her life.  Honey, I Wrecked the Kids: When Yelling, Screaming, Threats, Bribes, Time-Outs, Sticker Charts and removing Privileges All Don't Work is having a positive impact on my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment