Friday, April 13, 2012

#50BookPledge Book 27 Breaking the Good Mom Myth

Breaking the Good Mom Myth by Alyson Schafer from John Wiley & Sons 2006

I really enjoyed this book, probably because it was written by a mom and she admits she sometimes has to regroup.  I've read a number of parenting books over the last four years and this is by far one of the better ones.  It tackles real life situations, giving you alternatives to what current society expects.  The solutions offered when reviewed carefully are good old common sense and initially leave you wondering "why didn't I think of that?"  My biggest take away was that I don't need to be like every other mom on the block and really shouldn't try to be, but instead be realistic with expectations of both self and child.  Well worth a 4 out of 5 review.

No comments:

Post a Comment